As a Principal Data Engineer, you can make a difference by collecting, modeling and structuring complex data sets and by developing data pipelines to perform all of this.
About the company
One of the leading and biggest companies in North-West Europe in the field of (data) consulting and digital transformation. Full-service data solutions
A no-nonsense consulting firm. We have deep expertise in operationalising strategy, process design, data and analytics, technology, and change. We work end to end with clients in optimising operations, implementing the future. Every company has to deal with data related challenges, no matter how easy or complex. This asks for different kind of data expertise. We are supporting all data capabilities that can be asked for in a project. We work with the biggest cloud technologies (AWS, Azure GCP) to deliver Business Insights leading to cost reduction and operational excellence. We achieve this by implementing modern data platforms and intuitive front- end solutions. We develop & implement robust Data Science-driven solutions, which generate value-driven foresights enabling competitive advantages Delivering Data Science- driven solutions for Business Value. At Data Management we provide the foundation to become data driven. We do this through Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Driven Foundation. Data craftmanship for a data driven foundation.
Imagine that you are supplied with huge amounts of data from various sources and that you can make beautiful analytical products on it. As a Data Engineer, you can make a difference by collecting, modeling and structuring complex data sets and by developing data pipelines to perform all of this. In project teams you help design the end-to-end solutions of the data product. You are able to demonstrate your skills in both on-premise and cloud environments and are not afraid of a little coding. You are familiar with terms such as Agile, CI/CD and IaC. You will work together in a multidisciplinary team with business consultants, professional developers and technical specialists. We like to go the extra mile for a good result and high quality. This results in solutions that make the difference and result in satisfied clients and happy end-users. For this, we are looking for top performing people with a passion for IT and technology with good communicative and analytical skills.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Data Engineer.
- Strong in a team with good communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud).
- Experience with the following methods is an advantage: SQL, Python, data pipelines, API access, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, data architecture, data storytelling, Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Analytically strong.
- Good with communication.
- Social and a team player.
- Eager to learn.
- A match with our core values
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Preferable hard skills
- REST API’s
- Agile Project Management
- Infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bachelor Computer Science (BSc)
- Master Computer Science (MSc)
Per month education budget, 95% paid, 5% by candidate + Laptop/phone
- Lease car or mobility allowance (choice)
- Bonus: a maximum of two monthly salaries, divided into personal bonus and team bonus. Paid out annually
- An expense allowance of € 95 per month
- An energetic, ambitious and international environment with a great working atmosphere.
- An environment with significant autonomy and responsibility.
- A steep learning curve and structured coaching from your own mentor.
- Days at the office: 2 / Home: 3
- 25 vacation days
- No visa sponsorship possible
- Hybrid working possible
- No relocation possible
In short, a no-nonsense consulting firm. An acronym for Value Consulting, as value is the central focus in everything we do for our clients. We help clients with end-to-end transformations in which consulting is combined with technology and data. We work with more than 1000 enthusiastic colleagues in the North-Western Europe, for clients such as Heineken, Alliander, ABN AMRO and Axcel. Our firm consists of driven IT professionals with in-depth technology expertise.
- Setting up cloud OTAP environments for platforms such as Azure, AWS, DataBricks (10 hrs)
- Developing Analytical end products with, among others, PowerBI, Cognos (15 hrs)
- Training and guiding business consultants and junior developers in the application of cloud technology (5 hrs)
- Co-developing Cloud proposition (5 hrs)
- Building and maintaining a relevant network with current and new customers (5 hrs)
- Total per week 40 hrs